We would like to share with you how we collect certain data about you when you visit our website, contact us directly, engage with our social media posts or use our software. Whether you’re an existing or potential customer, a supplier or just an interested third party our primary aim through data collection is to provide you with the best possible service and information.
What we may collect from you
- Information that will help us contact you in the future like: name, company name, address, phone and email.
- Search terms you have used to either find our website or used on our website, a record of all browsing behaviour (on our website) including links clicked.
- Details of any AVA training you receive, AVA software held and other details provided by you in connection with technical support issues such as hardware models or production processes.
- Some personal data may also be collected about you from any forms and surveys you complete, from records of our correspondence and phone calls.
- Information on engagement with the emails you receive from us or our social media adverts.
- The IP address your router freely transmits to our web servers.
- Your browser user agent, as freely transmitted by your computer. This includes your browser build information, your device type and your computer’s operating system.
- Your AVA “version in use” and crash reports.
- Anonymous statistics of how the software is used (how frequently certain tools/features are used).
How we collect and use data
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- To provide you with a high level of support and service
- To notify you about changes to our service
- To contact you
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device
- To monitor the usage of our software
Website search terms and browsing behaviour are collected via a cookie which is set on your first arrival to our website and the contents of any form you submit to us.
We may use your personal data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or the instructions provided in any email we send.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting: email@example.com
Where we store your data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. A copy of our CRM database (your personal & company data) is also hosted by an external (UK) contracted third party to improve our service levels and limit the impact of any potential data loss on customer service and support levels. You will never be contacted by this third party and they are obligated not to disclose or use it for any purpose other than storage.
Usage statistics are stored and analysed by a separate (US) processor and cannot be decoded to determine the individual user of the system without your direct intervention. AVA will retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
If you cease to be an active/current ‘customer’ of AVA, we will, on request remove all of your personal data from our databases – in the absence of such a request we will retain it (subject to all of our normal guaranties with regard to security and confidentiality).
Your data protection rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information. If you would like us to delete your Personal Data please let us know in writing so that we can discuss any implications this may have on the level of support and customer service we provide you with.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact our person responsible for data protection at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How To Contact Us
If you have any concerns or questions about our use of your personal information, you can contact the person responsible for data protection at:
Phone Number: +44 (0)1625 506800
Address: 3 St Georges Street, Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK11 6TG , UK
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk